Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bathroom Makeover

We finally redid the bathroom! This is really exciting for me because the bathroom was the only room in our apartment which I did not like at all. Not even a little. It's tiny and there's no natural light, but what really bothered me was the poopie brown walls, the holes in the poopie brown walls, the spackle that was smeared all over the holes in the poopie brown walls, and the fake blood that was dripping from the spacklie holes on the poopie brown walls. I really wish I took a picture of how awful it looked, but Chris got to the walls with a paintbrush before I got to them with a camera. It's probably for the better though.

Here's the only documentation of the old color, it was darker than it appears though.

The fixtures before we spray painted them a deep brown, they were covered in weird cream paint.

One coat didn't cover as well as I thought it would. Oh well.
And here it is, all finished! I'm really happy with how it all turned out. I'm also really relieved it's DONE.

These are our fishies: Mario (the goldie), Luigi (the whitie), Koopa (the snail), and Yoshi (the Chinese algae eater.)
Now that the 4th of July is over, I will be posting more frequently. Last week was a complete blur of getting ready for the 4th of July party, scrubbing the apartment, painting dead trees, and overindulging in sun and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment