Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy (day after) Fathers Day!

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day. I did, because I'm a big fan of my dad. He's one of the best ones around, and I never forget how lucky I am to have a dad like him.

I drew up a little Harley Davidson Road King for him, since he has one, and like things like Harleys (and eagles and blues and other "all-american" delights.) Pencil drawings are not something I do too often, mainly because I'm a color-fanatic... but motorcycles are complex, detailed little creatures and I knew it would difficult enough to get all the little parts correct without worrying about the colors of each little detail.



I also made chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes with cookie dough filling and chocolate buttercream icing. The cupcakes were from "vegan cupcakes take over the world" (AMAZING BOOK), the buttercream was just me winging it and mixing together some butter, sugar, and melted chocolate, and the cookie dough was from the Pillsbury Dough Boy. (Don't worry, it wasn't Tollhouse.)
Today I did a lot of house-work, errand type of stuff. Sam's club, post office, bank, laundry, (minimal) cleaning, bringing a new fish (Chinese algae eater named Yoshi) home, a yummy snack-like dinner, a viewing of Twilight, and then Jon and Kate Plus 8-which was depressing. I didn't do anything creative today, but I have a bunch of ideas for the rest of the week, and it is really nice to know I got a bunch of stuff done and out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment